Tuesday, June 23, 2009

From an interview on NPR

“...My grandmother who is ninety four years old is having a gallbladder operation in Chicago. I talked to her last night and I asked her how she was doing, which is not what you should do to a ninety four year old woman going in for an operation. ‘I’m not doing very well Brian... is this Brian? Mike? Is this Mike?’ ‘No grandma, this is Brian’ ‘I love you Brian’ she said to me ‘How’s your girlfriend doing?’ Well, I didn’t really want to tell her that I hadn’t seen her in a while and that she was living with a twenty five year old blonde surfer auto mechanic graffiti artist in downtown L.A. Having her bottom tattooed with three black cats knocking over a bottle of milk. So I said ‘Fine Grandma, she’s doing fine. And she asks about you and hopes that you’re alright.’ I told her I loved her and she said ‘I love you Michael... Brian.’”

-Brian Brophy, from an interview on NPR’s Hearing Voices June 21 2009.

The link to the full interview can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment